Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
To best protect both your family and our Ocean Veterinary Ophthalmology staff family, the following protocols will be in effect until further notice:
- We kindly ask that if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 (i.e. fever, shortness of breath, dry cough, fatigue, etc.), please reschedule your appointment after your symptoms have resolved.
- At this time, we are not allowing any clientele inside our building. Please stay in your vehicle and call our office 571-577-6667 upon arrival to alert the staff that you are here and we will walk you the current examination process.
- One of our staff members will come out to bring your pet into our office. Per CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) guidelines, we ask that clients wear a mask, during the handoff and return of your pet. We also ask that your secure your pet (via leash or carrier) prior the handoff process with one of our staff members.
- All communication with staff members will either be by phone, video conference call, or done outside, with a distance of 6 feet kept between all persons.
- We will now require that our online forms be filled out and submitted before your scheduled appointment. If you should need assistance with this, please call our office 571-577-6667 and one of our staff members will walk you through it.
- Payments over the phone are preferred at this time.
- All discharges, estimates, invoices, and receipts will be provided to you via email when possible.
- Updated on May 26, 2020-Testing Animals for SARS-COV-2
- Routine testing of animals for COVID-19 is NOT recommended by the (American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) at this time.
- Current expert understanding is that SARS-CoV-2 is primarily transmitted person-to-person. At this time, there is no evidence that animals can spread SARS-CoV-2 to people. Based on the limited data available, the risk of animals spreading COVID-19 to people is considered to be low.
Ocean Veterinary Ophthalmology sincerely appreciates your patience and understanding as we take precautions to ensure that our staff can continue to safely care for your furry family members and to keep your family and ours healthy and protected during the process.